MSDH is excited to announce the Round 2 application period for the Rural Water Association Infrastructure Grant (RWAIG) Program will open on July 7, 2023. Applications must be submitted by 11:59PM on September 7, 2023. Applications submitted after this deadline will not be scored.
Eligible applicants are as follows:
- Rural Water Associations.
- Entities operating as rural water association regardless of whether such entities were user created, were initially organized not for profit, or have been granted tax-exempt status under state or federal law.
- Nonprofit water or sewer providers not owned by a municipality or county.
To be considered eligible, entities must also meet all the following criteria:
- The entity must be currently operating as a not-for-profit entity.
- The entity must have the authority under state law to receive ARPA RWAI grant assistance.
- The entity must have the ability to comply with these regulations and the requirements of the grant agreement.
- The entity will not receive funding through the RWAIG program in Round 1 or through the Mississippi Municipality and County Water Infrastructure Grant Program.
Noneligible entities should not apply. The maximum grant award in Round 2 is $2,000,000.
Similar to Round 1, all applications must be submitted via Smartsheet. Only applications submitted via the Round 2 dashboard by 11:59PM on September 7, 2023 will be scored.
For more information, please visit the Round 2 Application Dashboard.