The MAS Insurance Trust (“MASIT”) will host an inaugural Law Enforcement Risk Management Conference on April 26-27, 2023 at the Sheraton Refuge Hotel and Conference Center in Flowood, MS. Conference sessions have been designed specifically for county law enforcement officials (sheriffs, deputies, jailers and other key department personnel) and will address key areas of concern locally and nationally. This conference is offered exclusively to MASIT member counties.
MASIT has invited instructors from across the country to provide practical, professional training insights our county law enforcement offices can take back and implement in their departments.
Scheduled session topics:
- No Knock Warrants
- Human Resources for County Law Enforcement
- Legal Landscape: Tort and Disappearing Immunity
- Community Events – Protecting the Public
- Human Capital - Locating and Retaining the Best Candidates
- Jail Administration: Intake and Screening
- Emerging Legal Trends
- Policies, Procedures and Training
- Vehicle Pursuit
- Wrongful Incarceration
- Stop, Arrest and Search & the Fourth Amendment
- Search Warrant Execution – High Risk Entry
- Mental Health in Jails
We encourage each MASIT member to attend.